Friday, January 1, 2010

World

Everyday I think about the poverty and other problems in the world and how I want to help out and make it stop. I want world peace to an extent. Just now I thought "is it weird to always think about this so much" when it doesn't really apply to my life. I know I think about it everyday, but I don't know if there's really anything I could do about it so it's not worth worrying about. But I know I'll always be worrying about it anyway. I had this thought that maybe I should be nicer to the people I know and love and let them know that I love them in more ways than just worrying about people I don't even know. For all I know, some things could not be true, like poor villages. They could just be making it all up. Well about the wars and shit, when I learn about them in school we just mostly learn the stupid stuff like what happened where, but i wish we learned more about the logic and reasoning for fighting. Most of the time I think that the conflict could be solved in another way or the same way but on a smaller scale of people. Like 3 men fight 3 men and thats that part of it.

All I know is that I want everyone in the world to have an education and not starve and have a place to live. I hate that there are innocent people being killed just because their country is at war. I don't know all of the facts but I just feel so thankful that I have a safe house to sleep in at night.

One thing my friend brought up last night was that people ( including me I realized) seem to worry a lot about poor people in other countries, while disregarding all of the poverty and other problems in America. Maybe I just disregard it subconsciously thinking that "they're in America, just like me, so it's their fault they don't have the life I have". Or just because I truly subconsciously don't actually care. I'm pretty sure I do though. but the point I am trying to make is that

No comments:

Post a Comment